[APPLY] S.M.A.R.T. Scholarship for Service Program – Now Accepting Applications
The Science, Mathematics And Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship for Service Program is an opportunity for students pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines to receive a full scholarship and be gainfully employed upon degree completion.
Participants in the SMART Scholarship for Service Program will receive full tuition and education related fees (does not include items such as meal plans, housing, or parking), a stipend paid at a rate of $25,000 – $38,000 depending on degree pursuing, access to summer research internships, mentoring, and other allowances and benefits including employment placement upon graduation.
Students pursuing degrees related to the following are encouraged to apply:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Operations Research
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Information Sciences
- Materials Science and Engineering (technical tracks only)
- Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemistry (technical tracks only)
- Civil Engineering
- Cognitive, Neural, and Behavioral Sciences
- Computer and Computational Sciences
- All awardees must be;
- a U.S. citizen at time of application,
- 18 years of age or older as of August 1, 2017,
- able to participate in summer internships at DoD laboratories,
- willing to accept post-graduate employment with the DoD,
- a student in good standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale at the time of award and,
- pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in one of the disciplines listed on the About SMART page.
- Undergraduate applicants must be currently enrolled in a regionally accredited U.S. college or university and have a high school diploma/GED.
- Graduate applicants can be either currently enrolled in a regionally accredited U.S. college or university or awaiting notification of admission to such. If awaiting admission, you must be accepted for entrance in the fall 2016 term.
Application Deadline:December 1, 2017
How to Apply:
Click Here To Find Out More Information And Apply to this highly competitive