Bring It!: Dancing Dolls Of Jackson, Mississippi

By  |  23 Comments

dancing

“In the past 10 years, no other dance team has won as many trophies. Being a Dancing Dolls is not easy. You gotta be tough, if you want to make the cut. I expect nothing less than perfection for all my girls. In my studio there is no room for crying or complaining…I push these girls because I know they can go far.”

-Diana Williams, Dance Coach of Dancing Dolls

Dancing Dolls dance coach Diana Williams is one tough teacher. Bring It! is an one hour show jam packed with lots of yelling, tears, dancing, Diana Williams, Dancing Dolls and their parents. Many have already described this show as “the knock off Dance Moms” or “the black Dance Moms”, but here is what I got from the first episode.

dancing-dolls

The show, initially is a lot to take in all at once. You have Diana Williams screaming at the kids, the kids crying, the moms yelling at Williams, Williams lashing back, on top of watching these girls prepare for competition. Because the show is based around the girls preparing and performing at competition, you get to see the routines. The girls put in a lot of hard work and effort into their routines, but the dances that are being taught are inappropriate. All of the Dancing Dolls are girls between the ages of 9 and 13. As the viewer you are subject to watching little girls shake and smack their butts- something that is completely inappropriate for girls that age. Although the dancing is inappropriate, Williams is a great dance teacher. She continues to encourage and push these girls to put their all into what they do. She teaches them things like building tough skin, being confident in themselves, and putting all of their effort into everything they do, which are lessons that can be applied later on in life.

All in all Bring It is pretty entertaining and there is something that watchers can take away from this show-whether it be good or bad!

Click the link below to watch the first episode of Bring It! What do you think?

WATCH NOW!

My name is Taylor Carr. I am a junior public relations major, graphic design minor at Howard University. I am an aspiring event planner and entertainment publicist. "It's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." -M.M.

23 Comments

1. Kathy Needs

October 19, 2014 at 2:59 am

I’ve heard dancing dolls is good but myself and thousands others are boycotting Lifetime until you cancel all of Abby Lee Millers shows and quit profiting off abusing children.

• myzee

March 27, 2015 at 8:21 am

you are crazy dancing dolls are awesome

• Nadia

May 27, 2015 at 7:53 pm

Those are really good Abby Lee dance shows she isn’t abusing children

2. John

November 7, 2014 at 9:47 pm

I truly enjoy the show. Ms. D reminds me of myself. Sister don’t take no mess. You all keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing more episodes especially with the parents.

3. michelle

November 21, 2014 at 3:16 am

i love theme i want to be on it

4. keunshay

December 1, 2014 at 6:04 am

I love dancing dolls I watch ever move they make and I love the WHOLE thing so continue to make them girls what they are cause one day I’m going to become a dancing doll #dd4l

5. azarriyah mckinnon

January 17, 2015 at 4:50 pm

hey I grow up I will going to be their

• kimberly

January 26, 2015 at 1:01 pm

Don’t make since

• marva

March 28, 2015 at 9:26 am

So does a lot of things, but since it is televised, it is making Mrs.D cents!!!

6. kimberly

January 26, 2015 at 1:00 pm

I love dancing dolls

7. Starlexiah

February 8, 2015 at 7:13 pm

Hi my name is Starlexiah I wanted to be on bring it but I didn’t kno was the try outs was goin to be at so just Email me or Nbox me on fb My fb Is Starlexiah t Shelley Thanks have a nice one thts my Favorite shows Love me some bring it keep me Nbox hope u guys it this txt Yall guys have a nice one I wish ur luck

8. TeeTee

February 13, 2015 at 3:02 pm

I am a very grown woman who loves dancing and witnessing my girls challenged to the farthest – not abused. The show “Bring it” is one of my favorites – why? I love a no-nonsense woman that can take charge; not just of teens but every part of her life. The young girls show alot of determination and I just pray their’re happy souls inside the shell. The instructor made a very valid point when the show first took off. She compared it too football players coach; they’re pushed to be the best – to win! Young ladies I just want to say, take all the tough talk and soft yelling (lol) where it;s needed. Don’t let a noise maker tear you up, laugh on the inside and let everyone know you are badd like that because you love what you do, that’s it! GOD BLESS

9. Charlotte Watson

February 18, 2015 at 12:20 pm

Hi Mrs. D, Im charlotte, and I was looking up to kamryn because I think she’s a good role model. I was wondering if you could tell Kamryn that ” You are one of my favorite dancers of all time. You, Sunjai, and Kayla are my role models”.

10. Tewonie

March 13, 2015 at 9:51 pm

I love to watch Bring It!!..Especially being that they are Mississippians; it shows we have talent within the State of Mississippi. I have my DVR set to record if I have to work late because I don’t want to miss it. I was a little disappointed in the show tonight, but I am a DD4L fan for life.. GO Dancing Dolls!!!I have lots of creative ideas and would love to share them with my D.

11. Emazjay

March 21, 2015 at 2:04 pm

I love to dance.I started at age 5.I really want to be a dancing doll.I”m 9years old and I go to Kipp delta ela.And I can dance like you’ve never seen before. I need to be a dancing doll,but I live in Helena west Helena,AR

• myzee

March 27, 2015 at 8:26 am

I wish I was a dancing doll cause I LOVE that teacher style and swag and i LOVE the dancers alot.

12. Denise

April 7, 2015 at 7:22 pm

Although very little is expected from the state of MS. I’m still embarrassed and appalled by the behavior of the instructor, and parents. Ms. D, you are a poor example for a leader of young girls. I don’t know your level of education, however once you open your mouth it’s apparent. Obviously you didn’t finish Junior high. I often think of the old saying people don’t know how smart you are until you open your mouth. I know MS. has the highest drop rate, teenage pregnancy rate and highest infant death morality rate. Don’t you look bad enough without your show.

• Machielle

April 10, 2015 at 11:49 pm

Oh wow Denise! I don’t know why I get so appalled by ignorant comments like your comment above. Ms. Williams is a talented dancer, a business owner, has a college degree and most of all a role model to many young girls in Jackson, MS. I applaud her efforts to lead the girls to be strong, get their educations and not make bad decisions.

People like you with your ignorant comments make MS and the world period look bad. FYI…before you come at me, I have a BA and a MPA. So, I passed Jr. High a long time ago.

13. Patti Parker

April 11, 2015 at 9:56 am

I’m looking for a dance troupe that teaches dance similar to DD4L!I’m in the NW Arkansas area, like Fayetteville. My daughter is 7. We love DD4L and anything dance related except for dancing with the stars.

14. Sandy. Greaves

May 2, 2015 at 12:54 am

I think it is wonderful that there are dance teachers who spend their time working with these girls. They develop a skill, learn to work with others, become leaders and still keep their grades up so they can to college. Where would these girls be otherwise? Hanging out in the streets? We need more clubs like BRING IT, JUMP.

15. kikiblue

May 26, 2015 at 12:42 am

When I first saw “Bring It” I was shocked. But it is a southern thing. Now I love it. Ms D loves to win just as much as Abby Lee but she has the teaching techniques to really teach and inspire. yes those little girls shake it but it is a cultural thing. If they came to Dallas I would love to go to s competition.

16. FontsDownloadFree

July 28, 2015 at 3:06 pm

Summers is the father of Crystiana Summers, who is a member of the cast of the hit dance show, “Bring It,” 16 WAPT News has confirmed.

• angle

August 23, 2015 at 5:13 pm

I love both shows. Don’t watch nether show if you dislike them. Turn the t.v. It’s just that simple!!!